Sunday, April 13, 2014

Assignment 23: Poem (Song)

We Blew It
an original song by Brenna Thummler

Sunlight
The time has come to garden with my
Green thumbs
Unearthing
Planting you inside my
Fresh mind
Now it looks like girls and boys
Can grow with perennial ties

So we grew
Held my ground like roots then
Fall came and I was
Falling slowly for you
In your grey striped sweater
That fell to my knees
My skin was no longer blue

Bridge:
Held our trust
In the shell of an armadillo
Outside they tied their bonds with weeds
While we planted a willow

Chorus:
It withered as soon as we grew it
Gave me splinters from trying to glue it
Our time was up - we knew it
Feels like a dandelion lost in the wind
Because we blew it

Dried up and done
Waiting for the rain to come
So we don't have to tend this garden
One on one
Heavy rain leads to flood
It's drowning us out
Because our mouths are filled with mud

Bridge 2:
Lost our trust
In the shell of the armadillo
Now our bonds are tied with weeds
Because we murdered the willow

CHORUS

Bridge 3:
Break the stem and let go
Fruitless seeds that we sow
Wishes hollow we know
Only needles can thrive in the snow

FINAL CHORUS:
It withered as soon as we grew it
(Break the stem and let go)
Our time was up we knew it
(Wishes hollow we know)
Feels like a dandelion lost in the wind
Because we blew it



No comments:

Post a Comment